The International Mixed Media Postcard Swap Version 5.0 is ON!
(Need a crash course on Mixed Media or some inspiration to get started? Examples and ideas below!)
Past participants, please note that you will have to fill out this form to be in this Swap, even if I already have your address!
The basic idea:
- You will make 10 postcards in a mixed media format (don't be afraid - mixed media is a cinch! Keep reading...)
- You will receive 10 mailing address from me for other creative people just like you from around the world!
- You will send each of those ten people one of your handmade postcards.
- Then you will receive a handmade postcard from 10 other people from around the world!
Sound like fun? Then join us!
The rules are easy, but make sure that you read through them and follow them! Remember, you have to follow through if you sign up; a real live person will be waiting for each of your 10 postcards!!
Note: Last day to sign up is January 12th, 2014!
1. Join the swap by filling out this form.
2. Click on the go to www.paypal.com to submit your $5.00 to participate (click on Send Money). Send your $5 to shannonganshorn at gmail.com ($5 = a cup of coffee, a vending machine sandwich, a deck of cards, a couple of chocolate bars, or TEN original art postcards!!!! Easy choice! )
3. Make 10 handmade postcards in a mixed-media style. Remember, "Mixed media, in visual art, refers to an artwork in the making of which more than one medium has been employed." That means that you can combine ANY types of art into your postcards! (Oh what fun!!!!!)
4. Tell your friends about the Swap or grab this badge to put onto your blog, linking to this post. The more people we have participating, the more fun it will be. Spread the word; share a link to this page on Facebook or Twitter, write about the swap in your next blog post. Thanks for helping make this swap AWESOME!
5. During the following week (January 19-25), I will email you 10 mailing addresses to send your cards to. They might be from across the city, across the country, or on the other side of the world because this swap is open for everyone!
6. Make sure that you fix the appropriate amount of postage, write a nice message, and then send your postcards "plain" or "hidden" in an envelope for protection depending on what you've made. (It’s up to you!) The deadline for sending your postcards is January 31st, 2014.
7. Wait patiently for the snail mail to do its thing. You will be getting postcards from 10 different people around the world! How exciting!
Again, the steps are:
1 - register using this form before January 12th
2 - $5 via Paypal to shannonganshorn at gmail.com
3 - make 10 postcards
4 - share the Swap info with other artsy friends
5 - get 10 addresses from me by January 25th
6 - send out your postcards by January 31st
7 - wait on your doorstep for cards to roll in!
What is Mixed Media?
Mixed Media is an art form that encompasses every other art medium – truly every single one! Mixed Media combines two or more different art mediums (media) into each art piece. Here are some examples of some of the combinations that I love:
- Photography and Ink
- Fabric and Watercolours
- Paint and Crayons (I *love* crayons!)
- Pencil Crayons and Ink
- Fabric and Photography
- Collage and Paint
- Scrapbook Style and Paint
- Embroidery and Ink
- Sewing and Origami
- Zentangle and Painting
- Collage and Stencils
Use any or ALL of these combinations, and then add your own! The possibilities truly are endless!!! Do a Google image search for mixed media, or better yet, have a look on Pinterest for Mixed Media!
Don’t forget! Fill out this form and pay your $5 entry fee to participate! Last day to sign up is January 12th!
Join us Swappers in our Facebook Group, and share your cards as you make them and/or receive them:
"Like" Musings on Realities on Facebook: