Wednesday 30 January 2013

A Customized Wall Hook

While taking advantage of some after-Christmas sales, I came across this awesome $8 decorative wall hook on clearance for a buck!

It has a heavy-duty metal hook and a solid wood plaque.
I masked off the hook and then covered the original image with layers and layers of mod-podged aqua tissue paper.
I love the texture of layered tissue paper.
I didn't take any other process photos, but here is the finished product.
Essentially I sprayed some ink through a number/letter stencil,
stamped on some white acrylic paint using the bottom of a paint bottle, and Mod Podged on a butterfly image.

The butterfly image is a stamp that I recently bought and LOVE.
I used some Portfolio Water-Soluble oil pastels to tint the butterly an orangy-sepia.
Now I have a cutomised wall hook for hanging up my coat when I get to work! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Make sure to leave your email address so that I can write back to you :)