Wednesday 7 November 2012

New Envelopes!

This is one of my favourite things to make.

My envelopes are all made from Trader Joe's and Whole Foods paper bags - an AWESOME way to upcycle, right?!

I layer papers and fabrics onto them and then sew the pieces to the envelopes.

Each one is unique - that is probably why I enjoy making them so much! Each one is a new adventure!


Here is the process - my sewing machine table colvered in paper and scraps of fabrics!

A few of my favourite designs...

I love the texture that the stitching adds!


Near the top of this photo you can see where I did some free-motion sewing.


More free-motion sewing...



Fun, right?

You can buy a four-pack here and save!

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I think your envelopes are so very clever. What a great way to use up all those bits.Thanks for sharing your ideas.

    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT way to recycle!! Love these!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Make sure to leave your email address so that I can write back to you :)