Friday 26 October 2012

Words To Live By - Art Journal Play

In my Sisters in Art Society (SAS) group, we are doing an exchange of altered books. Each month, we receive a new altered book to work in. Usually we do a spread; sometimes we do a series of pages.

This month I have Wendy's book. Wendy and her husband are the owners of Stampadoodle in Bellingham, WA. Stampadoodle is perhaps the most ridiculously awesome store for paper arts. From binding materials to stamps and inks, they have EVERYTHING you could ask for. Or at least everything I could ask for.

Materials:
acrylic paint
magazine clippings
copic markers
Staedler Mars graphic markers



I love how the book pages show through the light yellow that I painted for the base coat.

My marker bled into the magazine flowers a little bit - not very happy with this, but luckily the overall effect isn't affected.

1 comment:

  1. I love this spread! I think it's really cool how you used the magazine cut outs of flowers to create new flowers. And I don't think the marker bleeding has affected it badly at all, it just gives it an extra dimension!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Make sure to leave your email address so that I can write back to you :)