Not a fan.
I totally diagree with the commercialism of Halloween.
Imagine the MONEY that is made from commercial costumes and masks?
Not to mention the ridiculous amounts of CANDY that is bought and distributed.
Not a fan.
|First I chose a backing paper and glued all of my cards to it.|
|This is the adhesive that I used.|
|Here you can see the pretty paper that I chose for the backs of the cards.|
|Once the glue had dried, I covered the faces of the cards with a turquoise acrylic paint. |
Again, MUCH easier to do this when they're all in one large sheet.
|Once the turquoise had dried, I got out my turquoise metallic Lumiere and sponged on some texture.|
Isn't it lovely?
|After all of my paint was dry, I decided that my backgrounds were complete, so I cut out the cards.|
|I love copper and turquoise together, so I edged my cards individually in metallic copper acrylic paint.|
I did this with my fingers, dipping my finger into the paint and then rubbing it along the edges of the cards.
|Then I added my collage elements. |
Since the swap is based in the US, I wanted to show my Canadian pride by adding Canadian postage stamps to each card.
Then I added the "Inspiration" part of the card (remember, that is the theme of this swap!)
I found 52 inspirational quotes relating to creativity (this last part is my own spin).
|On the backs of the cards, I spritzed a light spray of Adirondack Ink in Espresso and added a sticker with my name and blog address so that recipients can find me if they want.|
|Unfortunately, I spelled my blog address wrong - Realties instead of Realities.|
I'll have to see if I can peel them all off and re-print them. (yeeesh!)
|I love how the book pages show through the light yellow that I painted for the base coat.|
|My marker bled into the magazine flowers a little bit - not very happy with this, but luckily the overall effect isn't affected.|
|For the back cover, I looked for textures in monchromatics. |
I chose greens and brown tones for this. I cut the textures into strips and layered them.
A very simple technique for a great effect!
|I chose images that appealed to me for the front cover. |
I started with a cutout of a dress and then built around it with strips that I had cut out in a subtly wavy pattern.
|Lastly, I put tissue paper around the edges using an acrylic medium to create transparent texture.|
|42 bracelets - glass beads and semi-precious stones|
|Here is a close-up of some of the bracelets.|
|28 pairs of earrings.|
|17 necklaces - only some of them are shown here.|
|Magazine cutouts showing different patterns... They'll be good inspiration for drawing.|
|Musings on my day, and in particular about how great I feel when I am active.|
|A watercolour background with felt marker Fall and stickers from a liquidation store.|