Wednesday 13 June 2012

A Fat Fabric Journal

And when I say "fat", I mean luscious, voluptuous, and full of life!

I watched Teesha Moore's Fabric Journal series and couldn't help but get started on my own!

Here is the first video if you're curious - her journals are so beautiful and whimsical! She remains a huge inspiration for me.



I showed my friend sue the pieces that I was working on (just simple "pillow" as Teesha calls them, and she requested a custom journal right away!

Here is a shot of the pillows that I made and stitched together for Sue's journal:


Different fabrics and colourful threads really added a great whimsy to the project.

I added buttons for some different shape and texture.



Here is the cover with all of my signatures. I used a hammer and nail to punch the holes into the signatures.



I made signatures of 10 sheets - here is a close-up of the stitching that I used to fasten the signatures into the covers.

Here is the front cover.

This is the spine once I had sewn in all of the signatures.


Here is a close-up of the stitches of the signatures to the fabric-pillow spine.

Here is a glimpse of the edge - nice and fat!



And here is the front cover. I stitched a tie strap onto the back cover so that the journal could be help close with wrapping.

I have another journal of the same style that is now for sale in my etsy shop! Blues and greens and buttons and beads!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous, dahling!!! I love the title "voluptuous" in your Etsy shop!! You ARE amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In love with this beauty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Make sure to leave your email address so that I can write back to you :)