Tuesday 10 April 2012

My Compass Rose

Remember this post and the amazing Mixed Media Mapmaking book Personal Geographies by Jill K. Berry?


In the book, Jill guides us on making a compass rose to reflect ourselves and our own lives.

I worked on one this past weekend.
When I am lost, I rely on the things in my compass rose to guide me.

Clockwise from the top:
Heart - Family/Friends
Painting Palette - Art (my sanctuary)
Two Figures - My Community (my blog friends - YOU - and my Sisters in Art Society co-members)
Paw Print - Chloe, my cat and other animals that bring joy to my life
A symbol - a representation of another group that I am in
Leaf - Nature and the joy that I get from being outside
Apple - My identity as a Teacher


Here it is on the page with my pretty washi tape bordering along the top.



Here it is in progress before I coloured it and added the bordering circle.


1 comment:

  1. You are SUCH an inspiration.....I've been thinking about what I want for my compass rose, because my altered book for SAS is "Crossroads".....thanks for getting my creative juices flowing! Deborah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Make sure to leave your email address so that I can write back to you :)