Monday 9 April 2012

I've Been Nominated for an Award!


I'm so honoured to be given this award - the Versatile Blogger Award. I was nominated by Pippa at Pippa Passes By. It is so exciting for me to be given this award since I've only been blogging since last Fall and have been working SO hard! Thanks so much Pippa! And thanks to The Versatile Blogger

Here are the rules: If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
  • Thank the person who gave you this award, that’s common courtesy.
  • Include a link to their blog, that’s also common courtesy.
  • Next, select 5 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
  • Nominate those 5 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
  • Finally, list 7 things about yourself.
Here are my nominations (I hope you go visit them!)
  1. Mary Ann Moss over @ Dispatch from LA, an amazing blog that I read every day! I love her spunky attitude and her art journaling. 
  2. Debra Cooper over @ A Little Imagination and a Pile of Junk, who inspires me to do collaborative art!
  3. Diana Trout over @ Diana Trout's Blog, an amazing artist and author of Journal Spilling - a favourite book.
  4. Violette over @ Violette's Creative Juice, a blogger, artist and author of Journal Bliss, another favourite read.
  5. Annabel over @ Deux Ailes Pour Voler (Two Wings For Flying) an amazingly talented artist who makes me laugh with her enthusiasm and makes me oooooh and ahhhhh over her mixed media work.
My list of seven things about me.
  1. I'm a high school teacher of French and Art - my favourite ages to teach are 13 and 17. 
  2. I still consider myself a newlywed although we've been married almost two years. I am so greatly and deeply in love with my soulmate, John.
  3. I'm hooked on blogging, Facebook, and sharing art through other online venues.
  4. I have a small art studio in the attic with a window facing North. When I'm in there, I feel at peace.
  5. I love to read! My favourite book of all time is Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
  6. I am also a music junkie - my five favourite bands are Radiohead, Aphex Twin, Badly Drawn Boy, the Smiths, and Joy Division (all from the UK, funnily enough, since I'm Canadian!)
  7. My biggest dream is to have a baby and raise him/her at home while doing art and blogging to pay the bills!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon, Congrats on the award! Thanks for sharing about yourself. I love getting to know what individual people are all about.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Make sure to leave your email address so that I can write back to you :)