Wednesday 14 March 2012

Shhhhhhh....

This is a mixed media piece that I've made as a gift for my brother-in-law for this birthday this month. He collects great contemporary art, and I think this piece will really appeal to him.

It might just be my favourite piece of all time.

I LOVE how the colours look together and how the film adds to it. I also love using these little square canvasses on top of other canvases to give a painting a different dimension.

What do you think?

The cutting is from a book that I've used in the past. I love its descriptive detail, and the part about the vacuum cleaner just seems so random. 

Again with the texture. I love how it gives this piece depth. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Make sure to leave your email address so that I can write back to you :)