Monday 26 March 2012

My Shelving Unit - In the Works...

Remember this Duracell display box?

Here it is with a coat of primer...

And here it is today!

Looking good, right??

I'm not sure that I like the brown ink spatters under the tissue paper. I'm secretly hoping that they will disappear as the tissue paper dries and becomes more opaque. 

A close-up of an edge/corner. I did a paint/ink wash over the edges to make them stand out...


And here are my accomplices: light blue tissue paper, Adirondack Spray Ink in Espresso, dollar store white glue, dollar store acrylic paint. 
It's really gaining shape and definitely taking on a personality of its own. 

I think that it will be used for displaying a collection of little toys that I have...

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting! Make sure to leave your email address so that I can write back to you :)