Wednesday 1 February 2012

WIWO Wednesday - It's What I'm Working On.

So if you've been reading my recent posts, I've been working hard on a 16-page book inspired by Teesha Moore.

It's been fun and challenging coming up with that many different way of expressing myself. As always, I'm in a major rush to get it done. I'm more of a "finished product" person than a "process" person. Sometimes this can be good if you're working on a deadline, but most of the time I feel like I miss out on some things as I whip by them in my process...

Anyway, I decided to do a big mandala for the front cover. I am still working on it, so this really is an in-progress post. I've designed it so that it is not centered and so that it flows over to the inside flap and back cover of the book as well.

Here is a sneak peek:




I'm trying to decide if I should outline each different element in black to really define it. I think that the colours look a bit yucky like this and that a black outline would crisp them up and make the entire design pop.

What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I love it, and I must say I am an outline in black to crisp things up person, so I say outline. Unless you are going for the blended look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would probably outline. Black or white or maybe a metallic - silver or gold? You could try a sample piece which different colors to see which one you like best before you work on your cover directly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Make sure to leave your email address so that I can write back to you :)