Tuesday 6 December 2011

More Black and White

I know I know.... today is Tuesday and the Building A Rainbow project over at Daisy Yellow is over, but I wanted to share with you something that I had prepared for the Black and White day.

This is something that I do often for backgrounds in my art journals. I LOVE old books. I use the covers to re-purpose them into journals. The best part is looking around at the local thrift stores for interesting titles...

Once I tear all of the pages out of the books in order to reuse the covers, I am left with pages of type.

On this page, I used some book pages that I had ripped up into smaller pieces. I collaged them together using and acrylic medium. I placed them all randomly so that the type was not always the right way up. The result is a great-looking background.

Here is a link to see an example of this type of page used as a starting point.


And here is what I made over the weekend for Black and White:


I circled some of the text that stood out to me and then re-wrote it larger in my own handwriting.

It could be a poem:

"Closed off from air
But somehow
sure
Not all that interesting
It follows
and
Makes you wonder."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Make sure to leave your email address so that I can write back to you :)